Thursday, December 18, 2008

OnCe UpOn A tImE


Very long ago......

I had a funny notion many many years ago to jump on a Greyhound - ride it halfway out to the Pacific - land a job as a roadside waitress - score the studio for rent above the diner - and just live out my days.

Very strange. This has absolutely no appeal to me. None whatsoever. What was I thinking?


LESBIANS

Thats my answer when asked why I moved to Eugene almost five (HOLY CRAP!) years ago. I moved here specifically for the lesbians. I assumed that community was community.....

Have you read craigslist w4w recently? I can't stand it. I have people tell me how awful it is. Is this the true representation of our community? I don't think so. Nah, I can't think so. If that was the case I would leave.

When I go to gatherings - both social and political - I see gaggles of us. They cannot all be tossing all that negative bullshit. The numbers dont compute.

I just cannot believe this is us as a whole. I refuse to.......


No comments:

Post a Comment